At Aberhart Farms, you will have the opportunity to be part of a passionate management team, leading the day-to-day operations on a large-scale farming operation. The Operations Manager is responsible for scheduling and overseeing farm operations, leading safety training and initiatives, and providing strong team leadership by holding employees accountable and creating consistency and prioritization. This position is based near Langenburg, SK.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Competitive wages and incentive programs, health/dental benefits, RSP matching.
- Substantial opportunity for career growth, long term profit sharing, and partnership incentives.
- Access to a unique network of industry leading professionals.
- Opportunity to attend superior training, professional development, and strategy sessions.
- Fun, supportive, family focused workplace culture.
- Generous vacation time in the off season.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Lead, manage, and hold the team accountable.
- Accountable for the flawless execution of the organization’s day-to-day operations, including but not limited to:
- Grain/fertilizer/other input inventory and data tracking
- Maintenance / shop activities, inventory, and equipment
- Farm equipment activity and maintenance, including grain bins
- Seeding, harvesting, drainage, and construction activities
- Manage equipment maintenance schedule and ensure all equipment and tools are kept organized and maintained at a high standard, ready for regular use.
- Operating equipment and taking part in farm operations in key seasons.
- Responsible for training all staff, including hands on training, identifying learning gaps, selecting and scheduling staff for external training when needed and ensuring training is successfully completed.
- Follows and ensures all staff adheres to the company’s mission and vision, while adhering to the values.
- Fulfills farm safety lead role in leading team safety committee and ensuring safe work practices are weaved into the day-to-day activities with formalized systems and procedures across all functions of the organization.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Must have a combination of related education and experience in agriculture, management, and equipment maintenance.
- Must be committed and passionate about leading a team and providing mentorship in the agriculture industry.
- Must reflect Aberhart Farm’s Core Values:
(1)Do what you love, love what you do (2)Embrace change and leverage innovation (3)Surround yourself with amazing people (4)Family first (5)Giving back
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest and application.